What We Do
The Women's Employment Resource Centre (WERC) is a charitable, not for profit organization which provides employment services free of charge for women of Oxford County.
WERC is thankful to Employment Ontario (Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities), Investing in Women's Futures (Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services) and The County of Oxford for funding the services provided.
WERC's Mission Statement
The Women’s Employment Resource Centre creates a community which enables economic sufficiency through the discovery and development of knowledge, skills, internal resources and social supports.We commit ourselves to speaking the truth about the personal, institutional and cultural barriers that women experience, including violence, trauma and poverty.In this way we nurture hope and affect life affirming social change by honouring who we are, hearing where we have come from, and respecting where we choose to go.
- One-on-one Employment Counselling
- Employment Skills Workshops
- Workplace Skills Development Program
- Resume/Cover Letter Prep
- Interview Skills
- Career Assessment
- Second Career
- Job Matching and Placement Incentive (for Employers and Employees)
- Technology – COmputer Lab / Photocopier / Fax / Enlarger
- Client Supports (licences, CRC – criminal record check, clothing, transportation, education requirements, GED testing)
- Food Security
- Work Boots
- Interview Clothing
- Cathy Austin Fund; for women who do not qualify for Client Supports